Got a Question? 

Below are some common questions we've had in the past. Please read through the below and if you have further questions feel free to send us an email from our Contact Us page

01

WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF MOULD?

Aside from a water intrusion event such as flooding, leaking roofs, damaged pipes or hot water systems etc, the most common cause of mould comes from air exchange issues.  Air exchange issues arise when excess humidity is present.  This is very common at times when the outside air is cooler than the inside air.  This will result in condensation and subsequently an excess of moisture inside your home.

02

WHEN IS MOULD A PROBLEM?

You know you have a mould problem when you smell the “musty” odour or see small black or white specks on walls, furniture and contents.
 

Mould is often found in areas where water has damaged the building materials and furniture form flooding or pluming leaks. Mould often grows in rooms with both high water usage and humidity such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry’s and basements. If you notice mould or know o water damaged area in your home, it is time to take action and control the mould present.

03

CAN I BE EXPOSED TO MOULD?

When moulds are disturbed, they release spores into the air. You can be exposed by breathing air containing these mould spores. You can also be exposed through touching mouldy items, eating mouldy food or accidental hand to mouth contact.

04

WHAT MAKES MOULD GROW IN MY HOME?

Mould enters your home as tiny spores. The spores need moisture to begin growing, digesting and destroying. Moulds can grow on almost any surface, including; wood, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, paints, carpet, sheet rock, and insulation. The mould grows best when there is lots of moisture from a leaky roof, high humidity, or flood. There is no way to get rid of all moulds and mould spores from your home. But you can control mould growth by keeping your home dry.

05

WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE?

The Goldmorr System will generally use only two products during the mould cleaning process. The first product is GM6000. This product is a Sodium Hypochlorite based product to clean the visible mould. It is used on hard surfaces only, such as walls, ceilings, tiles and concrete. It is common knowledge that Sodium Hypochlorite has associated VOC’s, similar to household bleach, however, part two of the process will neutralize those VOC’s. Importantly, unlike some other products, GM6000 will not remove the paint from your walls or ceiling.



Part two of our process is the most important. We will fog the entire structure with a product that will eliminate the spores. GM2000 is biodegradable, non toxic, low/non irritant and non corrosive. Best of all, it will eliminate the spores throughout your structure, thus preventing other colonies of mould being able to form in other rooms/areas.

06

HOW LONG BEFORE I WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER TREATMENT?

Our system means that unlike other companies we do not require you to vacate your home for an extended amount of time. In most cases we are in and out within the same day.